Eligible applicants are hospitality industry businesses that have a North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) designation within the Accommodation subsector (721) or Food Services, Drinking Places subsector (722), and where accommodations, food or drink is served to or provided for the public, with or without charge. (Please refer to the reference sheet provided with the application.) Eligible businesses will:
- Have fewer than 300 full-time equivalent employees.
- Have a maximum tangible net worth of not more than $15 million.
- Have been in operation on February 15, 2020.
- Remain in operation and do not intend to cease operations permanently within one year of the date of application.
- Have suffered an adverse economic impact due to COVID-19, making the grant request necessary to support ongoing operations.
Download the Butler County Fact Sheet for CHIRP.